41. I’m the self professed Yoyo Queen. I first started making yoyos when I was 15 or 16 with a quilt using mostly scraps from my mom’s quilts. Since the beginning I’ve probably made thousands of yoyos and my framed yoyos have been featured on many blogs and the front page of Etsy.
42. I love the girls’ names Jane, Wendy, Allison, and Casey
43. I LOVE popcorn, my favorite being cheese caramel from the Popcorn Palace.
44. The majority of my socks have been black and white striped since about 2001.
45. I have seen the Smoking Popes perform tons of times (in their many variations and incarnations) including once where I saw them 3 times in a 7 day period.
46. I am a contributing artist in cellophane, meaning, I am an artomat artist!
47. I took several anthropology classes in college. One was a forensic anthropology class where I got to work on facial reconstruction on a skull and work on a skeletal remains dig in a yard.
48. I love documentaries, especially crime docs and watch the dramatized Investigation Discovery Channel like it’s my job. Funny though, I would never really watch any of those fictional CSI type shows.
49. We have 2 cats, but I don’t think of myself as a cat or dog person, but an animal lover all around.
50. I love everything paper related, from the huge press rolls of newsprint, padding paper, stationery and notecard sets to little scraps of ephemera and vintage papers
51. I LOVE the snow, much to the annoyance of pretty much EVERY.SINGLE.PERSON.AROUND.ME. Everyone accept for Dacia (high five, girlfriend!)
52. My cat just stepped on the keyboard and somehow caused a long long line of lololololololololololololololololololololololol to appear, which then made me really LOL.
53. I love grass. Lawn grass to be specific. I love cutting it with a lawn mower, I love the smell of it, I love the feel of it under bare feet, and I love the color, and image. To me grass is nature, it is beauty, it is freedom and leisure. A lot of my artwork uses the image of grass blades and I have a whole flickr set devoted to it.
54. My favorite directors are Cameron Crowe, Tim Burton, Jean Pierre Jeunet and Michel Gondry.
55. My favorite color is green, but not any particular shade of green. I even love that “eww, puke green” that people seem to always detest. I especially love when lots of shades of green are next to each other. It makes the color so much more rich.
56. I used to know a good amount of sign language. I haven’t used it in ages, but I bet if I took a quick class or picked up a book I could get back into it fairly easily.
57. I like to make art and leave it out for people to discover and keep. See Found Art Tuesday.
58. White dudes all look the same to me. Honestly, I do have a hard time following movies where the characters are all Caucasian men because unless they have unique characteristics I can’t tell them apart. For example that actor Tom Hardy, I wouldn’t be able to pick him out of a line up if money was on the line. It’s only after reading his names so many times that I looked him up and realized I had seen him in so many movies and never knew he was the same person.
59. I’m kind of obsessed with everything Peter Pan. It started as a child listening to the Disney Peter Pan soundtrack (on record). Then I read the book kind of late in middle school or high school and realized it was such a great and creatively written book and renewed my obsession. Then when I was in college my best friend and I stayed at a hotel in London that by chance was just across the street from Kensington Gardens. The gardens are the place where Peter fell from his pram and lived with the birds before flying away to Neverland. The picture above is one I took of a sculpture in the gardens.
60. I’ve never been to Disneyworld or Disneyland and really don’t care to go either. There was a time when I was a kid when I would have loved to have gone, when all my friends’ families were taking them, but now as an adult I could think of a dozen places I’d rather go than Disney.