So, it’s officially February and it’s been a month since I started composing my list of things to accomplish in the year of 2009. I think it’s time to put down the pen and start working on these goals. If you recall, I’ve been inspired by Andrea of hulaseventy and her list of things to do in her 38th year. I just discovered that another favorite artist Mati Rose, also kept a list of things to do in her 32nd year. I’ve kept a small life list in the past, but it occurred to me after reading these other lists, that a yearly list is more likely to get done, rather than a goal with an open end of “sometime in my life”. The yearly list is different from a resolution list. I associate resolutions with changing habits, while this is a list to help me stay productive and accomplish some goals. I will be able to refer back to it throughout the year to cross things off and remind myself to get going on others. So, here it goes:
31 Things to get done in the year 2009, my 31st year.
1. get my bike fixed Took my bike in April 24th, got it back May 2nd.
2. ride my bike/walk to work for a whole month (rain days exempt) first day? May 4th.
3. get back on sparkpeople (may18th)
4. geocache at least 10 times Done over 40 caches!
5. found art balloon idea
6. create a tabletop ecosphere and keep a record/updates about life inside read here
7. start a daily art project (collage/mixed media?) and post daily to etsy for at least one month (august)
8. go to the Indiana dunes this summer (Completed August 14th, went w/matt, chris & dacia)
9. get down to dress size __ (purchased a jean skirt in this size that fit in August)
10. spend lots of time this spring/summer/fall at my “secret place“
11. unplug my computer and no internet usage for a week (complete the final week of 2009)
12. send in artomat package (Feb. 13th, 2009)
13. post daily for January NaBloPoMo (done January 31st)
14. post daily for February Thing-A-Day (finished February 28th)
15. visit at least two different photobooths and participate in photobooth friday (Went to Quimbys 8.2.09) Novelty Golf and Games (9.21.12)
16. take the new car on a roadtrip (matt and i) (quad cities Feb. 13th, 2009)
17. ride in a hot air balloon (purchased and paid for, but weather canceled all attempts. completed 10.9.10
18. release my art themed geocache (or public art box idea)
19. get back on C25K and run 5K
20. eat at the signature room in the hancock center (completed November 14th)
21. go to luigi’s house and use gift certificate for dinner (done January 23rd, to celebrate matt’s new car)
22. alter calendar & post monthly (created 2010 date pages and left top open for image to be added last week of december 2009)
23. work on and send in mini moleskine book for group project Posted to my blog here
24. visit the quad cities and go to bierstube (Feb. 14th, 2009)
25. go to a hockey game (11.2.10)
26. read the time traveler’s wife finished 8.1.09
27. carve pumpkins (Completed 10.09)
28. decorate for christmas (completed 12.09)
29. send out letters and mail that should have gone out months ago (partly done feb. 11th, rest completed)
30. plant tulip bulbs in the fall (ever year I say I’ll do this and never get it done) (done 11.2.09)
31. redesign website (done February 2013)
Now, I would like to invite all of you to create a similar list for 2009 and post it to your blog, so that we can follow along as you get things done for 2009. My only fear posting this is that there will be more things to add to this list that I will remember as soon as I post this.