The final installment of 100 Things About Me. Part I can be read here, part II here, part III here, and part IV here.
81. I used to say I know the lyrics to EVERY song. Matt corrected me once saying “You know some of the lyrics to almost all of the songs”. I know this is still a great over estimation but I’m still pretty proud about it. I am horrible at remembering song titles or album names though.
82. My first concert was Radiohead in probably 1993 with their album Pablo Honey. That is a point of pride because, you guys, if my parent had been more generous with money before then, I might have to be embarrassed to admit my first concert was New Kids on the Block when I was in middle school.
83. I am not a bad cook, and I love food, but I just hate cooking. I have no patience. When I want to eat I want to eat, not spend an hour in the kitchen, followed by another hour waiting for the oven. It has inspired my cooking board on pinterest called “I hate cooking”.
84. I’m a hypochondriac. The messed up kind that is terrified that I have everything I hear about combined with a phobia about doctors in general. Being in a doctors office makes me cry.
85. When I was in college I had my purse stolen while I was at school. It was a life changer for me. Things I learned; never get your social security card # printed on your checks or driver’s license, Crimes and cases like that are NOT actively pursued, and basically written off to insurance, which is then passed onto the consumers through the high cost of products, When public locations or stores have security cameras, this doesn’t mean they are actually running footage, or if they do, recordings are not saved, so if you don’t report it immediately they will often record right over the data anywhere from 2 hours to 2 days later, ALSO, next to your signature on the back of your credit cards write boldly “ASK FOR ID”. Sometimes you can see cashiers read it but then are too afraid or hurried to actually ask for ID, but I put it there for a reason. When a cashier asks to check my ID I always thank them and let them know why it is important to ask. If only the employees who accepted my credit card, bad checks and even credit card applications from my thief would have asked for ID they would not have gotten away with as much as they did.
86. I’ve struggled with my weight since puberty and don’t know what it’s like to not feel overly self conscious of my body pretty much all the time.
87. I don’t like squirrels. Seriously though, why do people feed them?
88. Matt and I can get easily irritated by others, BUT, for some reason we don’t grate on each other’s nerves.
89. My top 10 favorite musicians in no particular order: The Cure, Wilco, Smoking Popes, Liz Phair, Smashing Pumpkins, Ryan Adams, Sigur Ros, Pixies, Radiohead and Blues Traveler. And I’ve seen them all perform live.
90. I’m a sugar addict.
my original etsy banner from 2006
91. My online moniker of robayre is pronounced Row bear, sounding like the French Robert. I often have people think my name is Rob Ayre, and it’s not, but apparently there are a few actual Rob Ayres and we end up competing for ownership of that online handle. Or maybe, I’m just the only one that is competing and annoyed when I find that robayre is already taken… ahem gmail. The nickname came from my brother and was originally robair, as in GRobair, which was my brother and my shared email account when we were kids (G for Geoff and Robair for me). When we finally were allowed to have our own Robair was taken so I went with Robayre, which is prettier anyway, and has a y, like the spelling of my real name.
92. My main email address is the same one I’ve had since probably 1995. Yes, it is an aol address, and yes that also means that people say things like “wow, people still use aol?” BUT I think I must have the oldest, consistently used email address of anyone I know, other than my dad, so there, I win! I’ve never had to send out one of those “I’m changing my email address, so update your address book” emails.
93. I’m terrified of ticks. It’s not the biting and sucking blood that gets me. It’s all about Lyme’s disease and loops back to issue No. 84
94. I have memorized Nothing Gold Can Stay by Robert Frost.
95. I have my own art studio room in my house, but since moving to our house have had a hard time staying in it and find myself working at the coffee table table in the living room.
96. I kind of hate weddings and large social events.
97. I love porches. On top, down low, up front, in back, wrap around, open, enclosed, doesn’t matter. As long as there is room for a porch swing, it’s all good.
98. I love road trips and dream of someday traveling across and around the country aimlessly with no time limitations.
99. My nephew started calling me Bunny when he was 2, adding to my long list of nicknames. I will answer to all of the following; Ro, Robina, Bina, Rob, Robs, Robbie, Birdie, Rockin’ Robin, Robayre, Roberto, Robin Hood, and I’m sure there are more I’m not thinking of right now.
100. I never leave the house without having my ipod touch and a sketchbook/journal.