It was 50 degrees today, can you believe it? We took the car out for a spin and actually opened up the sun roof.
Above is today’s “thing-a-day”, more collages. Yesterday I finally finished a yarn I’ve been working on for a couple days (below). I’ve made a vow that I will use all the fiber I already have before buying any more. It won’t be too hard because I don’t have too much. I am just trying to head off the problem before it gets to be like my yarn stash, that unfortunately never seems to get touched ever since I took up spinning. Click the image of the yarn to see it larger.
Lately there has been this 25 things meme sweeping facebook and all of the internet. I’ve really been enjoying reading everyone’s and learning just a little bit more about my online and IRL friends. Since I did this a week or two ago, some of the things are outdated. I thought I’d share my slightly adjusted 25 things list here and if anyone else would like to post one on their blog, leave a link for me to check it out.
Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you.
1. I’m remedial when it comes to facebook. I’ve avoided doing this “25 things” for quite a while now because I couldn’t figure out how to do my own. Then I read the instructions.
2. I got my very own, first ever, P.O. box address today. Did you know it’s only a little over $3 a month for one?
3. The only time I can really seem to get things done, is when I should be doing something else. For example,it’s 10:43 p.m. I should be composing my NaBloPoMo for the day, but instead I am writing 25 things about myself on facebook.
4. When I was a kid I was afraid of adults. Sometimes I think I never grew out of it.
5. When I was in middle school I had a paper route and was bitten by a 13 year old, blind, three legged, toothless dog. I had to go to the emergency room.
6. I don’t like pop, and hate carbonation.
7. Because of that I drink mostly water and am really lazy about keeping track of my cups and glasses of water. I liken myself to that little girl in the movie Signs who keeps refusing all her cups of water and keeps leaving them all over the house. If there is ever an alien attack, my house will be a sure safe zone.
8. I’m down to working only 4 days a week. It’s weird because for around 11 years I worked at least 6 days a week, but I’m getting adjusted EASILY.
9. I’ve been to Alaska.
10. I’ve kissed the blarney stone.
11. Nothing kills my inspiration quite like clutter, thus I have not worked in my studio for a couple weeks. Sad, I know.
12. I haven’t updated my phone in almost 3.5 years.
13. I can spin my own yarn. I have a lendrum spinning wheel and I love it. It’s real yarn too, not some cruddy, barely-stays-together yarn either: http://www.flickr.com/phot
Now, if only I could get people to buy my yarn.
14. I am middle child and am the black sheep of my family. I don’t get excited about politics, startrek or investments.
15. When I was a kid I thought I would grow up and be interested in those things and would talk to other adults about them with passion and care, like the rest of my family, but I didn’t and I don’t.
16. Instead I’m interested in art and leaving/releasing/sharing it in unexpected ways.
17. I had my first email address in 1992/1993 and had to share the account with my brother. It was G Robair, G for Geoff and Robair for me. We had several variations on that and finally when I got my own account, Robair, I goofed that one up somehow and had to settle on creative spelling, thus Robayre. I’ve had this same email address for over 10 years now. Wow. That’s crazy.
18. It drives me nuts when people my same age don’t have email accounts. It’s enough to lose a friend over, but really it probably means they are more interested in living IRL, rather than virtually. Still, why can’t they just check their email occasionally?
19. I have this weird memory of the easter bunny leaving me a note saying my mom’s car accident wasn’t my fault. I should probably talk to my parents about that one, lol.
20. Last night I woke myself up from laughing in my sleep. A few hours later matt woke me up, from laughing in his sleep.
21. I’m a bed hog and hate sharing a bed. My preferred position to sleep in is diagonally, spread eagle.
22. I have my own website that desperately needs a redesign. Robayre.com
23. It’s sad because I am a designer, but the thing is I’m a print designer, not a web designer.
24. When I first began in graphic design I started out in paste-up. I honestly miss those days. I knew my way around a ruler, knife and wax machine, like nobody’s business. What happened to those days of finding line tape stuck to your elbow when you get home at night?
25. I’m 31 years old, but catch myself thinking I’m still in my mid 20s all the time.
Super Special Bonus Round, exclusive to my blog ;)
26. I keep a sketchbook, which is filled with fewer sketches and more ideas and concepts for projects that rarely get executed. If I don’t write them down they will be forgotten, but I come up with so many ideas, by the time I have a chance to get around to them, I’ve usually moved onto a new project.
27. (the next two fun facts came to me after IMing with Sheas the other night) I’ve been backstage Wilco concerts. I’ve eaten their M&Ms, pita and humus in their backstage room. I also have an original silk screen poster for Wilco that all the guys in the band signed, it’s framed and hangs in my living room.
28. I play a little “skit” in my head often after saying or doing something stupid (think, foot in mouth situations). I picture myself talking “blah, blah, duh, blah, blah” and then out of nowhere a brick comes flying and hits me up-side the head, knocking me out in a funny and over-dramatic manner. I’m one of those people who can still dwell on something stupid I said years ago.
Okay, that’s it for now.