I feel really neglectful of this blog and have been so supremely busy that I haven’t had much time to share. I recently read a meme on this blog and decided it might make a good post, I wasn’t tagged but I don’t care. Here are 7 completely random facts, in no important or logical order whatsoever. So here goes:
- I am the middle child and the black sheep of the family. Friends find it hard to believe that I am considered the black sheep since I am not a trouble-maker, or risk taker, and I’m always the responsible type.
- When we were little, I used to convince my brother to act like a dog or cat, thinking that it would convince our parents that we desperately needed a pet. This same brother is getting married on Friday!
- I took private art classes when I was in second grade, my grandmother paid for them. I remember I didn’t like them very much because the teacher was so strict and wanted us to do specific things, such as learning all these concepts and techniques and all I wanted to do was draw and use the provided materials on my own.
- I am painfully shy and awkward around new people. But once I feel comfortable with you and that pandoras box opens, you can’t shut me up. I will proceed to say and do the most incredibly stupid things and then for hours, days, months and sometimes years later, I will replay these stupid things in my mind, blush, and feel just as embarrassed as I did when it originally happened. Usually it’s those things I’ve said or done around friends of mine that I highly respect and look up to.
- One of my life goals is to feel comfortable in my own body. I have a friend who is free of all of those self-conscious body images that most women struggle with. She does it in such a way that I admire, she has a great body and is very expressive with it, but she isn’t vain, and she also isn’t self loathing. I don’t know if I could get to a point where she is but I would just be happy to not feel restrained by thoughts such as “I’ll look like an idiot if I do that” or the constant tugging on my clothes and wearing layers to cover it up, etc.
- My mom picked me up earlier to go shopping and while we were in the store it started to rain. I was really pouring when we were done, and so I decided to risk it and run out to the car and pull it up to the store and pick her up. I handed her my flip flops and just took off running through the parking lot to the car. The rain was coming down so hard it felt like hail and stung my skin and my clothes were as drenched as had I just jumped fully clothed into a pool. There were pools of water and drains were overwhelmed, we passed a house whose yard was underwater, all just from 20 minutes of heavy rain. All this being said, two of the best feelings in the world to me are letting loose and just running out in the rain, getting drenched, AND then after being in wet damp clothes, changing into warm dry ones.
- I just named my third ipod (the shuffle) Cutiepod.