Things I am crazy about right now:
- I want to go camping. Ever since I let go of my weekend job (of 10+ years) last fall, I have wanted to spend an entire weekend camping. Hiking, and exploring, campfires and photography, just slowing down and breathing in fresh air and appreciating the outdoors. Apartment life can be extremely stifling, no yards, or gardens and I sometimes think my apartment is actually a dungeon that feeds upon energy. I have absolutely no natural light inside, while erica’s apartment (who’s right nextdoor and is south facing) is filled with bright light. Once I’m inside my apartment I have no drive to get up and get going, even just for a simple walk around the block.
- Walking to work in the mornings. It’s a mile and half and a quick walk. Puts me in a good mood too.
- Voicethread.com, via jenny vorwaller.
- This American Life, the TV show. I didn’t pull it together to watch it yet, so shhhhhh. And apparently you can watch the episode online, no need to buy cable, yay. Also, looks like the radio show’s website has had an updo.
- Yesterday I saw “Make the most subtle marks possible” as a prompt on the Wreck This Journal site. I immediately thought of when I was working at the middle school and had to carry boxes of colored pencils around with me. I noticed the inside lip of the lid and how the tips of the pencils in their everyday jostle, had bumped tossed around the box and left these soft subtle marks. So I recreated it in my sketchbook by just holding all pencils tip down and lightly dropping them over the page (seen above)